Musk’s partisan tweets call Twitter neutrality into question
- November 7, 2022
- Tony Smith, poli sci, Associated Press, Nov. 7, 2022 (ran in over 400 outlets nationwide including: The Washington Post, CBS News, U.S. News and World Report, MarketWatch, MarketBeat, Daily Mail, Yahoo News, MSN)
Elon Musk used his Twitter megaphone to appeal to “independent-minded voters” on Monday, urging them to vote Republican … “Now, you might say, look, Rupert Murdoch owns Fox News and that’s his voice amplified,” said Charles Anthony Smith, a professor of political science and law at the University of California, Irvine. “But the difference is that gets filtered through a variety of different script writers and on-air personalities and all this other sort of stuff. So it’s not really Rupert Murdoch. It may be that people agree with him on things, but it’s filtered through other voices. This is unadulterated direct contact. So, it’s an amplification that is unrivaled.”
For the full story, please visit https://apnews.com/article/elon-musk-twitter-inc-technology-politics-business-cbd873f1bd81fa4356b81f89c4c5ebed.
Related News Items
- Sex Trafficking and Human Rights: The Status of Women and State Responses
- New poll shows former President Trump ahead of President Biden in key states
- Who will Governor Newsom select to fill Senator Dianne Feinstein's seat?
- Former President Trump gains support vs. President Biden in new poll
- SoCal judge paved the way for Trump indictment, profs say