Episode five: Just don't call it a diet
- August 2, 2022
- Sabrina Strings, sociology, Bloomberg – Prognosis: Losing it, Aug. 2, 2022 (Podcast)
Companies like WW, formerly Weight Watchers, and Noom, which makes a popular weight-loss app, have a new pitch for would-be members: that they can lose weight with a holistic lifestyle approach instead of dieting. This new episode of podcast series “Losing It” explores why the backlash against dieting is happening, how companies are getting in on the action, and whether we're actually over dieting and losing weight. Featured: Sabrina Strings, UCI Chancellor's Fellow & associate professor, sociology.
For the full story, please visit https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/episode-five-just-dont-call-it-a-diet/id1440051086?i=1000574747410.
Related News Items
- Fatphobia, from the ballerina in the Disney short to its origins
- Underserved and over-judged: How bias can rob people of colour of cancer care
- "Love Is Blind" promised to ignore looks--but then platformed thin white people anyway
- Iraqi actor Enas Taleb hits back at the racist criticism of Arab women's bodies
- 'Diet culture' isn't just about smoothies and food-tracking apps