Enough with hustle. Downstate is the new secret to success.
- July 29, 2022
- Sara Mednick, cog sci, Men’s Health, July 29, 2022
Rest mode isn’t something you need a UFCPI plan to execute. Sara Mednick, Ph.D., a professor of cognitive science at the University of California, Irvine, says anyone can take advantage of what she calls the “downstate,” daily periods of relative calm that can improve your energy and sharpen your thinking. “Like every animal and plant, we have natural rhythms for our upstates and downstates, and tapping into these rhythms optimizes your energy so you have more when you need it,” says Mednick, author of The Power of the Downstate.
For the full story, please visit https://www.menshealth.com/health/a40677527/what-is-downstate-benefits/.
Related News Items
- NSDR is an overhyped health hack. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't try it
- A happy memory can help you fall asleep, if you know how to use It
- I ate cheese every day for a week - here's what happened
- How sleep shapes what we remember - and forget
- Sara Mednick, PhD, shares a new perspective of sleep health