Google to pay $118 million settlement in pay equity case
- June 12, 2022
- David Neumark, economics, Mashable, June 12, 2022
Google agreed to pay $118 million to settle a long-running pay-equity case …. The gender discrimination suit, Ellis v. Google, had been pending since 2017. The settlement covers around 15,500 women employees with over 200 job titles in California since September 2013. According to University of California, Irvine economist [and Distinguished Professor] David Neumark, the tech giant paid women almost $17,000 less than men with the same title.
For the full story, please visit https://mashable.com/article/google-118-million-pay-equity-lawsuit.
Related News Items
- How to avoid ageism when recruiting new talent
- Google agrees to pay out $118 million to former employees in gender discrimination and pay equity suit
- Oracle women stumble in pay bias suit while Google cuts a deal
- Google agrees to pay $118 million to settle pay equity suit
- Governor urged to review new research before deciding on minimum-wage hike