Google agrees to pay out $118 million to former employees in gender discrimination and pay equity suit
- June 11, 2022
- David Neumark, economics, Deadline, June 11, 2022
Bloomberg.com reports that the case is Ellis v. Google LLC, Google having to pay out $118 million settlement to over 15,000 female employees for gender discrimination. … According to David Neumark, an economist [and Distinguished Professor] at University of California, Irvine, those leading the lawsuit stated that Google paid female employees approximately nearly $17,000 less than males who have the same job titles.
For the full story, please visit https://deadline.com/2022/06/google-agrees-to-pay-out-118-million-to-former-1235043474/.
Related News Items
- How to avoid ageism when recruiting new talent
- Google to pay $118 million settlement in pay equity case
- Oracle women stumble in pay bias suit while Google cuts a deal
- Google agrees to pay $118 million to settle pay equity suit
- Governor urged to review new research before deciding on minimum-wage hike