Orange County election results: Spitzer reelected as DA, Supervisor seat headed for runoff
- June 8, 2022
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and poli sci, KTTV (City News Service), June 8, 2022
UC Irvine political science professor Louis DeSipio said it appears the electorate was “pro incumbency in some cases — [Todd] Spitzer a little more than [Katie] Porter.” But turnout — at 18% so far — was low, and disappointing, DeSipio said. “The county has really invested a lot in making voting easy and it just didn’t pay off” in this election cycle, he said, adding that “there will be a somewhat different electorate in the fall.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.foxla.com/news/orange-county-election-results-spitzer-reelected-as-da-supervisor-seat-headed-for-runoff.
Related News Items
- Targeting Latino voters in the world we now live
- Orange County was the heart of California conservatism. Now it's up for grabs.
- 20 Western Hemisphere nations sign Los Angeles Declaration on migrants despite key absences
- Orange County voters head to polls with plenty of choices
- Voter guide for Hispanic and Latino/a students