Episode 179 - The Somalia proxy (w/ Samar Al Bulushi)
- May 26, 2022
- Samar Al-Bulushi, anthropology, Bad Faith, May 26, 2022 (Podcast)
Briahna [Joy Gray] speaks to Samar Al Bulushi, UC Irvine [assistant] professor with a focus on imperialism, East Africa, & geopolitics, about Biden's choice to recommit troops to Somalia following Trump's withdrawal. It's everything you really wanted to understand about US imperialism in Africa that you can't get from seven minute news segments.
For the full story, please visit https://badfaith.libsyn.com/episode-179-the-somalia-proxy-w-samar-al-bulushi.
Related News Items
- What is AFRICOM? How the U.S. military is militarizing and destabilizing Africa
- Why should you keep a lucky frog in your home, according to feng shui
- Biden hosts summit of 49 African leaders to counter China and Russia's growing power across continent
- Commentary: Biden administration needs to match rhetoric with action on Africa policy
- Al-Bulushi and Chernyak among seven UCI faculty members named 2022-23 Hellman Fellows