UC Irvine scholar says Biden order redeploying troops to Somalia similar to existing military policy
- May 19, 2022
- Samar Al-Bulushi, anthropology, The Hill, May 19, 2022 (Video)
A political anthropologist at the University of California, Irvine, said President Biden’s decision to redeploy troops to Somalia this week did not make “that much difference” in the overall U.S. military presence in the region. Samar Al-Bulushi [assistant professor], told Hill.TV on Wednesday that American troops might have been redeployed to Somalia, but trained African soldiers would be the ones fighting terror groups in the country.
For the full story, please visit https://thehill.com/hilltv/3494843-uc-irvine-scholar-says-biden-order-redeploying-troops-to-somalia-similar-to-existing-military-policy/.
Related News Items
- I Dig UCI
- What is AFRICOM? How the U.S. military is militarizing and destabilizing Africa
- Why should you keep a lucky frog in your home, according to feng shui
- Biden hosts summit of 49 African leaders to counter China and Russia's growing power across continent
- Commentary: Biden administration needs to match rhetoric with action on Africa policy