Bipartisan bill aims to reduce future baby formula shortages
- May 18, 2022
- Gustavo Oliveira, global and international studies, The Orange County Register, May 18, 2022
The Access to Baby Formula Act includes “minor, but positive steps” toward addressing the issue, said Gustavo Oliveira, an [assistant] professor of global and international studies at UC Irvine who studies food supply chains and reviewed the legislation. … “That’s a tall order,” Oliveira said, referencing the need for a deeper re-imagining of the way food is distributed and regulated. “But it is ultimately the only real solution beyond these minor steps contemplated in these legislations and executive initiatives.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.ocregister.com/2022/05/18/bipartisan-bill-aims-to-reduce-future-baby-formula-shortages/.
Related News Items
- 'We do not want to be involved': As horror unfolds in Ukraine, most of the world isn't punishing Putin
- Is a food shortage imminent?
- UCI Experts On: Supply chain issues
- Fostering a global perspective
- It isn't accurate to talk about the supply chain problems we are facing in terms of "this administration" or "that administration"