Biden’s promise to end endless war hits a snag in Somalia
- May 18, 2022
- Samar Al-Bulushi, anthropology, explains in this piece for Responsible Statecraft
Samar Al-Bulushi, UCI assistant professor of anthropology, writes, “In yet another indication that the Biden administration has no intention to bring an end to endless war, the New York Times reported on Monday that the U.S. Africa Command will be redeploying troops to Somalia, and that the White House has approved the Pentagon’s request for discretionary authority to conduct drone strikes in the country.
For the full story, please visit https://responsiblestatecraft.org/2022/05/17/bidens-promise-to-end-endless-war-hits-a-snag-in-somalia/.
Related News Items
- Al-Bulushi and Vega named 2022-23 Career Enhancement Fellows
- Episode 179 - The Somalia proxy (w/ Samar Al Bulushi)
- UC Irvine scholar says Biden order redeploying troops to Somalia similar to existing military policy
- Biden's promise to end endless war hits a snag in Somalia
- Wave of coups disrupts Africa as U.S.-trained soldiers play key role in overthrowing governments