How BMI perpetuates racism and hurts marginalized people
- May 15, 2022
- Sabrina Strings, sociology, Now This, May 15, 2022
‘BMI is a form of colorblind racism’ — Experts break down how BMI is rooted in racism and how it continues to harm marginalized communities (with @IrobundaMd, @SaStrings [Sabrina Strings, UCI sociology], & @colorofchange).
For the full story, please visit https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1525967510700322816.
Related News Items
- Phat / Fat
- How f$^*#d up is fatphobia? with Professor Sabrina Strings
- University proposes ban on word 'obesity' to fight weight stigma and fatphobia in public health
- Sports bra ad showing bare breasts banned in UK, stirring sex positivity debate
- What 'fatphobia' really means, and why it's so harmful