Amid primary disarray, Ohio Redistricting Commission starts work on 4th legislative maps
- March 18, 2022
- Bernie Grofman, poli sci, The Columbus Dispatch, MSN, March 18, 2022
Amid legal challenges, talk of impeaching the Republican chief justice and primary chaos, the Ohio Redistricting Commission took the first steps toward drawing the fourth set of legislative maps. … Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost offered the line-drawing services of a bipartisan duo of mapmakers who successfully crafted Virginia's legislative maps. Yost retained GOP analyst Sean Trende of RealClearPolitics and Democrat Bernie Grofman, a [Distinguished] Professor of political science at the University of California, Irvine, to draw Ohio's maps – if the commission chooses to use them.
For the full story, please visit https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/politics/elections/2022/03/18/ohio-redistricting-commission-meet-amid-primary-disarray/7095014001/.
Related News Items
- Why the Democrats' likely poor midterm performance this year may be of their own and Joe Biden's making
- Commentary: Bellwether counties are mostly a matter of chance and are now poor predictors of presidential election results.
- Judges replace the NC congressional redistricting plan. The state Supreme Court denies all requests for a stay.
- Trial court rejects NC congressional map, OKs legislative districts
- North Carolina adopts congressional map favorable to Democrats