Judges replace the NC congressional redistricting plan. The state Supreme Court denies all requests for a stay.
- February 24, 2022
- Bernie Grofman, poli sci, NC Policy Watch, Feb. 24, 2022
Bernard Grofman, a [Distinguished Professor of political science] from the University of California, Irvine whom the special masters hired to evaluate the new maps called the Senate plan “a pro-Republican gerrymander” in his report.
Related News Items
- Why didn't you vote, Orange County?
- Supreme Court gives the voting rights act a tenuous new lease on life
- Biden's back-up plan
- 'One of the odd and scary things about American politics' is what Republicans are doing
- Why the Democrats' likely poor midterm performance this year may be of their own and Joe Biden's making