Judges replace the NC congressional redistricting plan. The state Supreme Court denies all requests for a stay.
- February 24, 2022
- Bernie Grofman, poli sci, NC Policy Watch, Feb. 24, 2022
Bernard Grofman, a [Distinguished Professor of political science] from the University of California, Irvine whom the special masters hired to evaluate the new maps called the Senate plan “a pro-Republican gerrymander” in his report.
Related News Items
- Why the Democrats' likely poor midterm performance this year may be of their own and Joe Biden's making
- Commentary: Bellwether counties are mostly a matter of chance and are now poor predictors of presidential election results.
- Amid primary disarray, Ohio Redistricting Commission starts work on 4th legislative maps
- Trial court rejects NC congressional map, OKs legislative districts
- North Carolina adopts congressional map favorable to Democrats