North Carolina adopts congressional map favorable to Democrats
- February 23, 2022
- Bernie Grofman, poli sci, Washington Examiner, Feb. 23, 2022
[Distinguished Professor of political science] Bernard Grofman showed the approved
map was "the most non-dilutive plan in partisan terms of any map that has been submitted
to the Court," according to the ruling. The new map creates seven districts favorable
to Republicans, six districts favorable to Democrats, and one district that is a toss-up.
For the full story, please visit https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/north-carolina-adopts-congressional-map-favorable-to-democrats.
Related News Items
- Why didn't you vote, Orange County?
- Supreme Court gives the voting rights act a tenuous new lease on life
- Biden's back-up plan
- 'One of the odd and scary things about American politics' is what Republicans are doing
- Why the Democrats' likely poor midterm performance this year may be of their own and Joe Biden's making