North Carolina adopts congressional map favorable to Democrats
- February 23, 2022
- Bernie Grofman, poli sci, Washington Examiner, Feb. 23, 2022
[Distinguished Professor of political science] Bernard Grofman showed the approved
map was "the most non-dilutive plan in partisan terms of any map that has been submitted
to the Court," according to the ruling. The new map creates seven districts favorable
to Republicans, six districts favorable to Democrats, and one district that is a toss-up.
For the full story, please visit https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/north-carolina-adopts-congressional-map-favorable-to-democrats.
Related News Items
- Why the Democrats' likely poor midterm performance this year may be of their own and Joe Biden's making
- Commentary: Bellwether counties are mostly a matter of chance and are now poor predictors of presidential election results.
- Amid primary disarray, Ohio Redistricting Commission starts work on 4th legislative maps
- Judges replace the NC congressional redistricting plan. The state Supreme Court denies all requests for a stay.
- Trial court rejects NC congressional map, OKs legislative districts