The dangers of diet culture: What it is and who it harms most
- February 2, 2022
- Sabrina Strings, sociology, KCTN-TV, Feb. 2, 2022 (Audio)
Sabrina Strings is an associate professor of sociology at UC Irvine and the author
of Fearing the Black Body: The Racial Origins of Fatphobia. She says, “even if we
are not fat, we are still being oppressed by diet culture." And adds that diet culture
oppresses us all, but especially women.
For the full story, please visit https://www.kcentv.com/article/life/your-best-life/the-dangers-of-diet-culture-what-it-and-who-it-harms-most/500-d3e2fdf1-0c2b-4f48-b029-1097b8fb5e25.
Related News Items
- BMI has done 'historical harm,' is an 'imperfect' measure of health: American Medical Association
- Fatphobia not welcome at LA's first plus-size flea market
- Online abuse of Lizzo illustrates connections of body shaming, race and gender
- Body shaming and identity
- Woman calls attention to double standard that exists for women whose dress sizes are above the national average