‘Stop nagging!’: why China’s generation Z is resisting marriage and babies
- January 24, 2022
- Wang Feng, sociology, MSN (The Guardian), Jan. 24, 2022
A growing number of young people across east Asian societies are delaying their marriage as the region becomes more prosperous. Yet in urban China, this change has been especially swift, said Wang Feng, a sociologist professor at the University of California, Irvine. Comparing Chinese census data in 1990 and 2015, Wang said that the share of never-married Chinese women in their late 20s shot up by eight times in the span of 25 years.
For the full story, please visit https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/other/stop-nagging-why-china-s-generation-z-is-resisting-marriage-and-babies/ar-AAT4QRE.
Related News Items
- What does a world with billions of old people look like? Asian countries are searching for answers
- Opinion: The alternative, optimistic story of population decline
- China's singles fight family pressure to get married as population declines
- 'The last generation': the young Chinese people vowing not to have children
- China's self-inflicted pain