Your Tuesday briefing
- January 18, 2022
- Wang Feng, sociology, The New York Times, Jan. 18, 2022
Quotable: “The year 2021 will go down in Chinese history as the year that China last
saw population growth in its long history,” said Wang Feng, a professor of sociology
at the University of California, Irvine.
For the full story, please visit https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/18/briefing/omicron-pandemic-brexit-china.html?searchResultPosition=2.
Related News Items
- 'The last generation': the young Chinese people vowing not to have children
- China's self-inflicted pain
- How China came to regret its one-child policy
- Here's how the seismic shift of a shrinking China could transform its economy, politics and society
- Why China's shrinking population is a big deal - counting the social, economic and political costs of an aging, smaller society