New Virginia Beach voting districts divide Oceanfront resort area, raise questions
- January 3, 2022
- Bernie Grofman, poli sci, Yahoo News (The Virginian-Pilot), Jan. 3, 2022
A federal judge approved the new map, drawn by [Bernard Grofman, Distinguished] Professor of political science at the University of California, Irvine. It establishes 10 voting districts across the city to replace the at-large election system for City Council members that was previously declared illegal and discriminatory. Virginia Beach is appealing the ruling.
For the full story, please visit https://news.yahoo.com/virginia-beach-voting-districts-divide-230900217.html.
Related News Items
- Why the Democrats' likely poor midterm performance this year may be of their own and Joe Biden's making
- Commentary: Bellwether counties are mostly a matter of chance and are now poor predictors of presidential election results.
- Amid primary disarray, Ohio Redistricting Commission starts work on 4th legislative maps
- Judges replace the NC congressional redistricting plan. The state Supreme Court denies all requests for a stay.
- Trial court rejects NC congressional map, OKs legislative districts