New Virginia Beach voting districts divide Oceanfront resort area, raise questions
- January 3, 2022
- Bernie Grofman, poli sci, Yahoo News (The Virginian-Pilot), Jan. 3, 2022
A federal judge approved the new map, drawn by [Bernard Grofman, Distinguished] Professor of political science at the University of California, Irvine. It establishes 10 voting districts across the city to replace the at-large election system for City Council members that was previously declared illegal and discriminatory. Virginia Beach is appealing the ruling.
For the full story, please visit https://news.yahoo.com/virginia-beach-voting-districts-divide-230900217.html.
Related News Items
- New Virginia Beach voting district map approved after city's election system declared illegal
- Commentary: New legislative maps keep faith with Virginia voters
- Proposed Virginia maps put rising-star House Democrats at risk
- Proposed Virginia redistricting maps leave Spanberger miles away from her congressional seat
- Democrats doomed under Ohio redistricting: Ballots and boundaries