New Virginia Beach voting district map approved after city’s election system declared illegal
- December 30, 2021
- Bernie Grofman, poli sci, Yahoo News (The Virginian-Pilot), Dec. 30, 2021
The new map was drawn by Bernard Grofman, a political science [Distinguished] Professor at the University of California at Irvine with extensive experience in redrawing voting districts. Grofman, who was chosen by Jackson to create the new maps, also created the new maps released Tuesday by the Supreme Court of Virginia that established the commonwealth’s new congressional and state legislative districts.
For the full story, please visit https://news.yahoo.com/virginia-beach-voting-district-map-132400488.html.
Related News Items
- Prospects for a democratic breakdown in the U.S.
- New Virginia Beach voting districts divide Oceanfront resort area, raise questions
- New Virginia Beach voting district map approved after city's election system declared illegal
- Commentary: New legislative maps keep faith with Virginia voters
- Proposed Virginia maps put rising-star House Democrats at risk