New Virginia Beach voting district map approved after city’s election system declared illegal
- December 30, 2021
- Bernie Grofman, poli sci, Yahoo News (The Virginian-Pilot), Dec. 30, 2021
The new map was drawn by Bernard Grofman, a political science [Distinguished] Professor at the University of California at Irvine with extensive experience in redrawing voting districts. Grofman, who was chosen by Jackson to create the new maps, also created the new maps released Tuesday by the Supreme Court of Virginia that established the commonwealth’s new congressional and state legislative districts.
For the full story, please visit https://news.yahoo.com/virginia-beach-voting-district-map-132400488.html.
Related News Items
- Why the Democrats' likely poor midterm performance this year may be of their own and Joe Biden's making
- Commentary: Bellwether counties are mostly a matter of chance and are now poor predictors of presidential election results.
- Amid primary disarray, Ohio Redistricting Commission starts work on 4th legislative maps
- Judges replace the NC congressional redistricting plan. The state Supreme Court denies all requests for a stay.
- Trial court rejects NC congressional map, OKs legislative districts