Proposed Virginia maps put rising-star House Democrats at risk
- December 9, 2021
- Bernie Grofman, poli sci, The Hill, Yahoo News, Dec. 9, 2021
The Virginia Supreme Court took over the redistricting process last month after a newly appointed redistricting commission broke down amid partisan acrimony. … The high court ultimately tapped Sean Trende …and Bernard Grofman, a [Distinguished Professor], political scientist and economist at the University of California, Irvine who had previous experience mapping Virginia lines and was nominated by Democrats. In a memo to the court, Trende and Grofman wrote that they worked well together to come up with the new lines.
For the full story, please visit https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/585084-proposed-virginia-maps-put-rising-star-house-democrats-at-risk.
Related News Items
- Why didn't you vote, Orange County?
- Supreme Court gives the voting rights act a tenuous new lease on life
- Biden's back-up plan
- 'One of the odd and scary things about American politics' is what Republicans are doing
- Why the Democrats' likely poor midterm performance this year may be of their own and Joe Biden's making