Proposed Virginia maps put rising-star House Democrats at risk
- December 9, 2021
- Bernie Grofman, poli sci, The Hill, Yahoo News, Dec. 9, 2021
The Virginia Supreme Court took over the redistricting process last month after a newly appointed redistricting commission broke down amid partisan acrimony. … The high court ultimately tapped Sean Trende …and Bernard Grofman, a [Distinguished Professor], political scientist and economist at the University of California, Irvine who had previous experience mapping Virginia lines and was nominated by Democrats. In a memo to the court, Trende and Grofman wrote that they worked well together to come up with the new lines.
For the full story, please visit https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/585084-proposed-virginia-maps-put-rising-star-house-democrats-at-risk.
Related News Items
- Why the Democrats' likely poor midterm performance this year may be of their own and Joe Biden's making
- Commentary: Bellwether counties are mostly a matter of chance and are now poor predictors of presidential election results.
- Amid primary disarray, Ohio Redistricting Commission starts work on 4th legislative maps
- Judges replace the NC congressional redistricting plan. The state Supreme Court denies all requests for a stay.
- Trial court rejects NC congressional map, OKs legislative districts