Creator of “Second Life” issues warnings for those building metaverses
- November 29, 2021
- Tom Boellstorff, anthropology, Futurism, Nov. 29, 2021
As hype around metaverses steadily rises to a fever pitch, many early innovators of
digital worlds have been quick to offer up their advice — and stern warnings — to
those building them. … Philip Rosedale, the founder of the virtual world “Second Life,”
who recently spoke to Time along with anthropologist and author of Coming of Age in
Second Life Tom Boellstorff about their insights on building metaverses.
For the full story, please visit https://futurism.com/second-life-warnings-metaverse.
Related News Items
- Herzfeld joins UCI anthropology as Distinguished Visitor in residence for winter quarter
- Creator of "Second Life" issues warnings for those building metaverses
- Boellstorff named inaugural UCI Inclusive Excellence Fellow
- The antidote to Zoom fatigue is here
- For immigrants, the real risks of virtual activities