Democrats doomed under Ohio redistricting: Ballots and boundaries
- November 23, 2021
- Bernie Grofman, poli sci, Bloomberg Government, Nov. 23, 2021
The Virginia Supreme Court chose a RealClearPolitics analyst and a political science
professor to help redraw the state’s legislative and congressional district maps.
The court turned to Sean P. Trende, a senior elections analyst for the political website,
and [Distinguished Professor of political science] Bernard N. Grofman of the University
of California, Irvine, after the state’s redistricting commission got bogged down
along partisan lines. They are to work together and have until Christmas to come up
with new lines.
For the full story, please visit https://about.bgov.com/news/democrats-doomed-under-ohio-redistricting-ballots-boundaries/.
Related News Items
- Virginia court picks experts to draw maps for redistricting
- Opinion: In Virginia, the GOP games the redistricting system
- Va. Senate Democrats ask state Supreme Court to disqualify Republicans' nominated map drawers
- Midterm elections 2022: Redistricting could help Republicans take back House
- As the Democrats skirmish over their omnibus bill, here's what they can learn from Harry Truman