America celebrates Labor Day – but are US workers winning?
- September 6, 2021
- David Neumark, economics, The Guardian, Sept. 6, 2021
David Neumark, an economics [Distinguished] professor at the University of California,
Irvine, says the troubled labor market in industries such as restaurants “may just
be a temporary imbalance between supply and demand, and there may not be a fundamental
shift in bargaining power.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/sep/06/america-labor-day-workers.
Related News Items
- Subsidies won't stop stagnation
- In a hot job market, the minimum wage becomes an afterthought
- Bernie Sanders introduces a bill to raise minimum wage to $17 by 2028
- Researcher takes a look at the pro's and con's of raising the minimum wage
- Disney faces dramatic escalation in $150M+ gender discrimination & pay equity suit