Three areas where the ‘Amen-Choir’ effect will hamper DEI initiatives
- August 28, 2021
- Cailin O'Connor and Jim Weatherall, LPS, Forbes, Aug. 28, 2021 (Contributor)
As both the renowned French philosopher Bruno Latour and the UC Irvine philosophers and authors Cailin O’Connor and James Owen Weatherall have shown, opinions as to what is true and what isn’t are socially constructed and, as hiring decisions are being made, decision-makers will inevitably confer with trusted members of their social network. Because they already trust each other, they feel more confident that they are making the right decision. We are typically unaware of the bias inherent in this process, particularly if others around us share our opinions.
For the full story, please visit https://www.forbes.com/sites/susanharmeling/2021/08/28/three-areas-where-the-amen-choir-effect-will-hamper-dei-initiatives/.
Related News Items
- Orange County GOP promotes event featuring Judy Mikovits of 'Plandemic' fame
- 'An American Tradition': Lessons from a year covering conspiracy theories
- O'Connor earns Philosophy of Science Association award for book on unfairness
- Three areas where the 'Amen-Choir' effect will hamper DEI initiatives
- UCI Experts On: Misinformation