The fall of Saigon, the fall of Kabul and the scope of the US’s responsibility
- August 19, 2021
- Long T. Bui, global and international studies, KPCC – AirTalk, Aug. 19, 2021 (Audio)
The Taliban have agreed to allow “safe passage” from Afghanistan for civilians struggling to join a U.S.-directed airlift from the capital. … The situation has some people drawing parallels between the fall of Kabul and the fall of Saigon after the Vietnam war. We sit down with some of those thinkers today: … [including] Long Bui, associate professor of global and international studies at the University of California Irvine. [Starts 14:56]
For the full story, please visit https://www.kpcc.org/show/airtalk/2021-08-19/the-fall-of-saigon-the-fall-of-kabul-and-the-scope-of-the-uss-responsibility.
Related News Items
- UCI Center for Population, Inequality, and Policy receives funding boost
- The fall of Saigon, the fall of Kabul and the scope of the US's responsibility
- Vietnamese American refugees who witnessed fall of Saigon urge U.S. to accept more Afghans
- Why did Vietnamese voters in Orange County swing toward Trump in 2020?
- U.S. economy, Fed policy in 'good position,' Daly says