‘A sacrifice for a generation’: China scrambles to boost its population with 3-child policy
- June 8, 2021
- Wang Feng, sociology, KCRW, June 8, 2021 (Audio)
China’s ruling Communist Party says it will now allow married couples to have up to three children. … Wang Feng, professor of sociology at UC Irvine, says China’s new three-child policy won’t be enough to save the country from a demographic crisis. … Feng says adults now face the pressure to have enough children to support the country’s needs, while weighing what it means to have a family to support.
For the full story, please visit https://www.kcrw.com/news/shows/press-play-with-madeleine-brand/homeless-china-music-real-estate/3-child-policy.
Related News Items
- China isn't that strategic
- 'A sacrifice for a generation': China scrambles to boost its population with 3-child policy
- Opinion: The real reason behind China's three-child policy
- China announces three-child limit in major policy shift
- China's people problem swings from too many to a 'decline that sees no end'