China announces three-child limit in major policy shift
- May 31, 2021
- Wang Feng, sociology, The Guardian, May 31, 2021
Prof Wang Feng of University of California Irvine, who specialises in Asian demographics, said that China’s birth control policy should have already been abandoned. “It’s outdated. What China needs is not another state policy, but rather a better and fairer society.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/31/china-announces-three-child-limit-in-major-policy-shift.
Related News Items
- China isn't that strategic
- 'A sacrifice for a generation': China scrambles to boost its population with 3-child policy
- Opinion: The real reason behind China's three-child policy
- China's people problem swings from too many to a 'decline that sees no end'
- China bets on productivity over population to drive its economy