It's time for a government reset - and the ideas are flourishing
- May 21, 2021
- Simone Chambers, poli sci, Knowable Magazine, May 21, 2021
These deliberative-democracy mechanisms and their relatives vary considerably in terms of size, cost and time frame, says Simone Chambers, a political science [professor] at the University of California, Irvine, who surveyed this movement for the 2003 Annual Review of Political Science. But what they share is a goal — giving the public a voice that goes beyond voting every few years — and an approach.
For the full story, please visit https://knowablemagazine.org/article/society/2021/its-time-government-reset-and-ideas-are-flourishing.
Related News Items
- Watch launch of Dal's new "Talking Democracy" series live on Sept. 23
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021
- Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump
- Vox co-founder and editor-at-large Ezra Klein on politics and his Irvine roots
- The crisis of democracy and the science of deliberation