China posts slowest population growth in decades
- May 11, 2021
- Wang Feng, sociology, International Business Times, DNYUZ, May 11, 2021
China's population has grown at its slowest pace in decades, reaching 1.41 billion,
census results showed on Tuesday, highlighting fears of a looming crisis over an ageing
society. … "The census not only confirmed rapid population ageing, but also sustained
low fertility," said Wang Feng, professor of sociology at the University of California,
Irvine. "At that low a level, the population cannot sustain itself."
For the full story, please visit https://www.ibtimes.com/china-posts-slowest-population-growth-decades-3196490.
Related News Items
- Opinion: The real reason behind China's three-child policy
- China announces three-child limit in major policy shift
- China's people problem swings from too many to a 'decline that sees no end'
- China bets on productivity over population to drive its economy
- Why China and east Asia's ageing population threatens global Covid recovery