Everything we want costs energy, including bitcoin
- April 22, 2021
- Bill Maurer, anthropology, Coindesk, Yahoo Finance, April 22, 2021
“When looking at bitcoin and comparing its energy use to all of Argentina for example, what, to me, that should do is compel the next question, which is, what’s the energy consumption of the Internet of Things (IoT) or even [artificial intelligence]. What are the other large, computationally driven practices that are becoming more and more prevalent in our everyday lives?” said Bill Maurer, director, Institute for Money, Technology and Financial Inclusion at the University of California, Irvine, in a call.
For the full story, please visit https://www.coindesk.com/everything-costs-energy-bitcoin-mining.
Related News Items
- Maurer elected to Orange County United Way board of directors
- Business news
- FBI just proved Bitcoin's much-touted anonymity is illusory, says financial expert -- and no, El Salvador didn't actually make Bitcoin any more useful
- The fascinating history behind the popular 'waving lucky cat'
- Why Epic is burning its own cash to cook Apple