Crimes against Fresno street vendors go ‘underreported.’ Has pandemic made it worse?
- April 2, 2021
- Rocio Rosales, sociology, Fresno Bee (City News Service), April 2, 2021
Rocío Rosales, an assistant professor of sociology at UC Irvine and the author of a book about fruit vendors in Southern California, said the pandemic has made vendors even more vulnerable. … While some vendors feel comfortable reporting incidents to law enforcement, she said, others are unlikely to do so, either because they lack the necessary documentation for their cart or because they themselves are undocumented. “There’s a general sentiment that usually nothing comes from it — it’s not like the money is ever recovered,” she added.
For the full story, please visit https://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/article250339306.html.
Related News Items
- Rosales honored for book on complex stories of immigrant street vendors in Los Angeles
- Rosales and Telles receive honorable mention for books on migration issues
- Crimes against Fresno street vendors go 'underreported.' Has pandemic made it worse?
- UCI and CDCR sign MOU to partner on new in-prison bachelor's degree program
- Mutual aid: When neighbors look to each other for pandemic relief