Biden unveils plan for path to citizenship, history of immigration reform
- February 18, 2021
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and poli sci, KPCC – Take Two, Feb. 18, 2021 (Audio)
Immigration reform: An historical perspective. We’ve been talking about the bill introduced
today by the Biden administration that would create a path to citizenship for some
11 million people living in the U-S without legal status...among other protections.
The thing is - this isn’t new. Presidents from both parties have attempted legislation
like this in the past and not much has come of it. So to look at where the future
of THIS bill in the context of history. Guest: Louis DeSipio, professor of political
science and Chicano/Latino studies at UC Irvine. [Starts 17:26]
For the full story, please visit https://www.scpr.org/programs/take-two/2021/02/18/21571/.
Related News Items
- Biden's immigration reform bill could change everything... or not pass at all. Here's what you need to know.
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021
- Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump
- Four lessons from the southern California House seats Republicans reclaimed in 2020
- UCI Podcast: OC election analysis and social justice under Biden