Applications are open for the Social Sciences Summer Academic Enrichment Program
- February 10, 2021
- Deadline for submission is March 12 at 11 p.m.
SAEP is designed to be a challenging 5-week summer program to teach first-gen students about academic research and graduate school.
Students choose what research method track they want to focus on from one of two choices: qualitative (oral history/archives/ethnography/textual analysis etc.); or quantitative (statistics, surveys, and computational analysis). Students will also pick what research area they want to focus on (Politics, Health, Education, Media, Environment). The accepted student takes two summer classes (and a series of mentoring workshops), which demands a serious and focused commitment and it is very strongly advised to avoid other commitments during this time. It is best suited for those students who are highly motivated and who are strongly committed to a graduate or professional education. Dates of program: June 21 through July 23. (NOTE: Due to COVID-19, Summer 2021 will be 100% remote.)
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION**
- First generation college student (this means that your parents did not complete a 4-year degree).
- Majors within the School of Social Sciences
- Preference given to those who have completed lower division writing and one year of statistics or calculus prior to Summer 2021
- Must not be graduating in 2021; Only students graduating Spring 2022 and beyond are eligible
- CV/resume and unofficial transcript must be uploaded with this application
**If you have questions about the requirements, please contact us to discuss your eligibility at firstname.lastname@example.org