Progressives fret over Biden’s pick to oversee national banks
- February 5, 2021
- Erin Lockwood, poli sci, Bloomberg Law, Feb. 5, 2021
Reps. Joyce Beatty (D-Ohio) and Jamaal Bowman (D-N.Y.) have urged Biden to nominate University of California, Irvine law professor Mehrsa Baradaran for the OCC job, saying she’s the best choice to take on “entrenched financial interests.” … Having a balance between progressives and slightly more moderate regulators could be an overall positive for Biden’s financial regulatory team, said Erin Lockwood, [assistant] professor at UC Irvine’s School of Social Sciences. “You’re sharpening your swords against other sharp swords,” Lockwood said. Lockwood said she doesn’t know Baradaran, although she supports the UC Irvine professor for the comptroller’s role.
For the full story, please visit https://news.bloomberglaw.com/banking-law/progressives-fret-over-bidens-pick-to-oversee-national-banks.
Related News Items
- UCI prof answers questions about Robinhood practices posed by OC Congresswoman Steel
- Progressives fret over Biden's pick to oversee national banks
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021
- Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump
- The Trump administration considers ways to help the travel industry