Is the US ready to unify around a $15 minimum wage?
- January 20, 2021
- David Neumark, economics, Quartz, Jan. 20, 2021
David Neumark, an economist at the University of California, Irvine … argues that the burden of a minimum wage is on smaller businesses that aren’t necessarily owned by rich people. “Put differently,” he wrote, “why address inequality by redistributing from owners of small shops, restaurants, etc., and not from people making a killing in finance, law, etc.?”
For the full story, please visit https://qz.com/1959766/why-joe-biden-plans-to-raise-the-federal-minimum-wage/.
Related News Items
- Subsidies won't stop stagnation
- In a hot job market, the minimum wage becomes an afterthought
- Bernie Sanders introduces a bill to raise minimum wage to $17 by 2028
- Researcher takes a look at the pro's and con's of raising the minimum wage
- Disney faces dramatic escalation in $150M+ gender discrimination & pay equity suit