Is the US ready to unify around a $15 minimum wage?
- January 20, 2021
- David Neumark, economics, Quartz, Jan. 20, 2021
David Neumark, an economist at the University of California, Irvine … argues that the burden of a minimum wage is on smaller businesses that aren’t necessarily owned by rich people. “Put differently,” he wrote, “why address inequality by redistributing from owners of small shops, restaurants, etc., and not from people making a killing in finance, law, etc.?”
For the full story, please visit https://qz.com/1959766/why-joe-biden-plans-to-raise-the-federal-minimum-wage/.
Related News Items
- Research and commentary: Rhode Island House considering bills to increase minimum wage
- The true story of the minimum-wage fight (Ep. 460)
- How economists learned to love minimum wage hikes
- UCI study finds that California Competes Tax Credit program creates jobs
- Research and commentary: New Hampshire Senate rejects minimum wage hike proposal