Can Joe Biden succeed where Barack Obama failed?
- January 18, 2021
- Bernie Grofman, poli sci, Newsweek, Jan. 18, 2021
"We would not have Trump as president if the Democrats had remained the party of the working class," University of California-Irvine professor Bernard Grofman recently told the New York Times. "[Obama] responded to the housing crisis with bailouts of the lenders and interlinked financial institutions, not of the folks losing their homes. And the stagnation of wages and income for the middle and bottom of the income distribution continued under Obama."
For the full story, please visit https://www.newsweek.com/can-joe-biden-succeed-where-barack-obama-failed-1562265.
Related News Items
- As the Democrats skirmish over their omnibus bill, here's what they can learn from Harry Truman
- Which states will gain or lose seats in the next Congress
- The gerrymander battles loom, as G.O.P. looks to press its advantage
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021
- Opinion: To achieve a real legacy, Biden will have to be more radical - and ready to fight