Opinion: White riot
- January 13, 2021
- Bernie Grofman, poli sci, The New York Times, Jan. 13, 2021 (Opinion)
Bernard Grofman, a political scientist at the University of California, Irvine, put it this way in an email: “Trying to explain the violence on the Hill by only talking about what the demonstrators believe is to miss the point. They are guilty, but they wouldn’t be there were it not for the Republican politicians and the Republican attorneys general, and most of all the president, who cynically exaggerate and lie and create fake conspiracy theories and demonize the opposition. It is the enablers of the mob who truly deserve the blame and the shame.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/13/opinion/capitol-riot-white-grievance.html.
Related News Items
- The gerrymander battles loom, as G.O.P. looks to press its advantage
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021
- Opinion: To achieve a real legacy, Biden will have to be more radical - and ready to fight
- Can Joe Biden succeed where Barack Obama failed?
- Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump