Four lessons from the southern California House seats Republicans reclaimed in 2020
- December 3, 2020
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies, LAist, Dec. 3, 2020
"In 2018, the Democrats were able to nationalize the race around an issue that worked to their advantage, and that was health care," said Louis DeSipio, professor of political science at UC Irvine. "2020 was more muddled, with the presidential race absorbing a lot of the popular attention."
For the full story, please visit https://laist.com/2020/12/03/congress-republicans-reclaim-four-house-seats-california-2020-four-lessons.php.
Related News Items
- Federal government considers two more California sites to house unaccompanied migrant children
- Biden's immigration reform bill could change everything... or not pass at all. Here's what you need to know.
- Biden unveils plan for path to citizenship, history of immigration reform
- UCI Podcast: OC election analysis and social justice under Biden
- Orange County, once a GOP bastion, goes for Biden over Trump