Raising a fearful generation
- November 13, 2020
- Barbara Sarnecka, cog sci, Spiked, Nov. 13, 2020
Barbara W Sarnecka [social sciences professor] and her colleagues at the University
of California, Irvine, have looked at how people react to unattended children. They
conducted a study in which they presented participants with a number of scenarios
in which a child is left unattended for a time … The conclusion Sarnecka and her colleagues
came to was that people don’t only think that leaving children alone is dangerous
and therefore immoral. They also think that it is immoral and therefore dangerous.
For the full story, please visit https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/11/13/helicopter-parents-raising-a-fearful-generation/.
Related News Items
- We are living in the age of parenting vigilantism
- Sarnecka appointed as social sciences associate dean of graduate studies and research
- Sarnecka recognized for book on academic writing tools, tips and tricks
- How to write more, write better, and be happier in academia
- Infants 10 to 16 months old prefer those who yield in conflicts, study finds