Orange County, once a GOP bastion, goes for Biden over Trump
- November 4, 2020
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and political science, Los Angeles Times, Nov. 4, 2020
Louis DeSipio, a professor of political science and Chicano/Latino studies at UC Irvine, said the county also has experienced “sort of the national demographic trend of white women being a little bit more suspicious of the Republican Party.” … Another factor, DeSipio said, is Democrats’ increased attention and activity in the county. They’ve made significant gains in voter registration — overtaking Republicans in that metric last year — and swept the county’s seven congressional seats in 2018.
For the full story, please visit https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-11-04/biden-on-track-to-give-democrats-presidential-win-in-orange-county.
Related News Items
- UCI Podcast: OC election analysis and social justice under Biden
- Orange County reports near-record voting, county boasts 70% turnout as of Monday
- Traditionally Republican Arizona now a Trump-Biden battleground
- Immigrants in California applying to become US citizens
- Republicans claim victory in two special elections