What legacy lies ahead for Black Lives Matter?
- October 16, 2020
- Edwin Amenta, sociology, Knowable Magazine, Oct. 16, 2020
Historically, the road to reform has often begun with protesters taking to the streets.
A sociologist and a political scientist take stock of whether today’s activism will
lead to actual change. … To delve deeper into these questions, Knowable Magazine turned
to two leading social movement researchers: sociologist Edwin Amenta of the University
of California, Irvine, and Christian Davenport, a political scientist at the University
For the full story, please visit https://knowablemagazine.org/article/society/2020/legacy-black-lives-matter.
Related News Items
- The secret origins of presidential polling
- Andrew Yang's "freedom dividend" echoes a 1930s basic income proposal that reshaped Social Security
- Andrew Yang's 'freedom dividend' echoes a 1930s basic income proposal that reshaped Social Security
- Some young Americans warm to socialism, even Miami Cubans
- Professor baseball: Edwin Amenta [People Issue 2019]