Opinion: Best and worst moments of the Kamala Harris-Mike Pence debate: ‘Most bizarre moment was the fly’
- October 8, 2020
- Hector Tobar, Chicano/Latino studies, The New York Times, Oct. 8, 2020 (Opinion)
Hector Tobar, UCI associate professor of Chicano/Latino studies writes, “From her opening remarks, Harris attacked with the purpose and the intelligence of a super-prepared prosecutor. She hit the president on a series of focused messages: He is dishonest, incompetent, vain and the “greatest failure” in our history. Mike Pence made a smoother argument for Trump than Trump did, but he was dodging and playing defense most of the evening.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/08/opinion/debate-kamala-harris-mike-pence.html.
Related News Items
- The 10 best California books of 2020
- Opinion: What the future holds for undocumented immigrants
- Opinion: Biden and Trump's final debate: Who won?
- Here's your virtual L.A. Times Festival of Books lineup
- Opinion: Best and worst moments of the Kamala Harris-Mike Pence debate: 'Most bizarre moment was the fly'