Traditionally Republican Arizona now a Trump-Biden battleground
- October 8, 2020
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and political science, Al Jazeera, Oct. 8, 2020
The combination of Trump’s antipathy toward immigrants and his mishandling of the coronavirus pandemic has given Biden an opening in Arizona, said Louis DeSipio, a professor of political science at University of California, Irvine who studies Latino voters. … “The Latinos that came into the electorate over the last decade mobilized around resentment over treatment that they had been receiving based on immigration status,” DeSipio told Al Jazeera.
For the full story, please visit https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/10/8/biden-leads-trump-in-traditionally-republican-state-arizona.
Related News Items
- Orange County Democrats celebrate recall victory as Republicans look to the future
- Federal government considers two more California sites to house unaccompanied migrant children
- Biden's immigration reform bill could change everything... or not pass at all. Here's what you need to know.
- Biden unveils plan for path to citizenship, history of immigration reform
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021