Traditionally Republican Arizona now a Trump-Biden battleground
- October 8, 2020
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and political science, Al Jazeera, Oct. 8, 2020
The combination of Trump’s antipathy toward immigrants and his mishandling of the coronavirus pandemic has given Biden an opening in Arizona, said Louis DeSipio, a professor of political science at University of California, Irvine who studies Latino voters. … “The Latinos that came into the electorate over the last decade mobilized around resentment over treatment that they had been receiving based on immigration status,” DeSipio told Al Jazeera.
For the full story, please visit https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/10/8/biden-leads-trump-in-traditionally-republican-state-arizona.
Related News Items
- UCI Podcast: OC election analysis and social justice under Biden
- Orange County, once a GOP bastion, goes for Biden over Trump
- Orange County reports near-record voting, county boasts 70% turnout as of Monday
- Immigrants in California applying to become US citizens
- Republicans claim victory in two special elections