Trump’s COVID-19 diagnosis torpedoes Two SoCal fundraising events
- October 2, 2020
- Matthew Beckmann, poli sci, Spectrum News 1, Oct. 2, 2020
Matthew Beckmann, a political scientist at the University of California, Irvine, said Trump's illness won't change voters' minds but could block out other news that might. He added that Trump might already be too unpopular for any news to block out bad headlines. … It's unclear how much the diagnosis could hurt Trump, or if voters will even care. "There just isn't a lot of great news out there [for Trump]," Beckmann said. "It's a bad headline that's just displacing other bad headlines."
For the full story, please visit https://spectrumnews1.com/ca/la-west/politics/2020/10/02/trump-s-covid-19-diagnosis-torpedoes-two-socal-fundraising-events.
Related News Items
- Trump's COVID-19 diagnosis torpedoes Two SoCal fundraising events
- Vox co-founder and editor-at-large Ezra Klein on politics and his Irvine roots
- The midterms could spell the end for America's lonely moderates
- If it walks like a social movement and talks like a social movement...
- Want a less partisan senator? Elect a former governor. (op-ed)