Opinion: Biden and Trump’s first debate: Best and worst moments
- September 30, 2020
- Hector Tobar, Chicano/Latino studies, The New York Times, Sept. 30, 2020 (Opinion)
Who won and why. … Héctor Tobar, [UCI associate professor of Chicano/Latino studies writes], “Joe Biden won mostly because the president was so, so awful. And because Biden managed to express a few moments of genuine humanity and keep his cool during the waterfall of Trumpian insults. But Biden wasn’t very sharp either; Chris Wallace offered as many effective retorts to the president’s excesses as Biden did.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/30/opinion/presidential-debate-trump-biden.html.
Related News Items
- The 10 best California books of 2020
- Opinion: What the future holds for undocumented immigrants
- Opinion: Biden and Trump's final debate: Who won?
- Here's your virtual L.A. Times Festival of Books lineup
- Opinion: Best and worst moments of the Kamala Harris-Mike Pence debate: 'Most bizarre moment was the fly'