Experts, Anaheim community leaders weigh in on $150 Million Angel Stadium sale
- September 28, 2020
- Ami Glazer, economics, Voice of OC, Sept. 28, 2020
UC Irvine economist Ami Glazer said the park development is a benefit to SRB Management, who’s buying the land. The freshly minted company is headed up by Angels owner Arte Moreno. “Let’s talk about the fire station and the park. They both increase property value,” Glazer said. “Private developers — I know the Irvine company, FivePoint Communities, they build parks, they give land for schools because it increases the price of which they can sell their own residences. So the idea the park is a benefit to the city and not at all to the developers doesn’t sound right,” he said.
For the full story, please visit https://voiceofoc.org/2020/09/experts-anaheim-community-leaders-weigh-in-on-150-million-angel-stadium-sale/.
Related News Items
- How will Orange County officials overcome Coronavirus vaccine hesitancy? Incentives could be one answer
- COVID-19 anniversary: UC Irvine economics professor on O.C.'s pandemic economy and recovery
- A look back at Orange County's 2020 response to the Coronavirus pandemic
- High unemployment rates in Orange County slowly dropping: 2020's economic collapse in review
- OC sees thousands of new Coronavirus cases in just a few days, resistance to shutdown grows