East of the Eastside
- September 1, 2020
- Hector Tobar, Chicano/Latino studies, The Los Angeles Review of Books, Sept. 1, 2020 (Book review)
Hector Tobar, UCI associate professor of Chicano/Latino studies writes, “In East of East, two California literary trends of the late 20th and early 21st centuries converge: the great explosion of works by US Latino historians, and the publication of several seminal books that use place as a narrative device to reveal how large social forces shaped life in small corners of Southern California.”
For the full story, please visit https://lareviewofbooks.org/article/east-of-the-eastside/.
Related News Items
- The 10 best California books of 2020
- Opinion: What the future holds for undocumented immigrants
- Opinion: Biden and Trump's final debate: Who won?
- Here's your virtual L.A. Times Festival of Books lineup
- Opinion: Best and worst moments of the Kamala Harris-Mike Pence debate: 'Most bizarre moment was the fly'