Opinion: Republican Convention: Best and worst moments from night 1
- August 25, 2020
- Hector Tobar, UCI Chicano/Latino studies, The New York Times, Aug. 25, 2020 (Opinion)
Hector Tobar, UCI associate professor of Chicano/Latino studies opined the best moment of the convention was “Ronna McDaniel, chair of the Republican National Committee, made a short, effective speech that hit at the central paradox of last week’s Democratic convention: Joe Biden being a nice guy isn’t a political program.” [Subscription required, campus-wide access provided by UCI Libraries. Sign-up here: AccessNYT.com]
For the full story, please visit https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/25/opinion/rnc-best-worst-night-1.html.
Related News Items
- The 10 best California books of 2020
- Opinion: What the future holds for undocumented immigrants
- Opinion: Biden and Trump's final debate: Who won?
- Here's your virtual L.A. Times Festival of Books lineup
- Opinion: Best and worst moments of the Kamala Harris-Mike Pence debate: 'Most bizarre moment was the fly'