Opinion: Republican Convention: Best and worst moments from night 2
- August 25, 2020
- Hector Tobar, Chicano/Latino studies, The New York Times, Aug. 25, 2020 (Opinion)
Hector Tobar, UCI associate professor of Chicano/Latino studies opined the best moment of the convention was “Cris Peterson, the Wisconsin dairy farmer who told a story about families pulling together in the wake of a crisis. It didn’t really have anything to do with Donald Trump, though she tried to give him credit for keeping the milk flowing. But the attempts to humanize the president, his party and its policies were canceled by the many speeches with an ideological edge.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/26/opinion/rnc-best-worst-night-2.html.
Related News Items
- The 10 best California books of 2020
- Opinion: What the future holds for undocumented immigrants
- Opinion: Biden and Trump's final debate: Who won?
- Here's your virtual L.A. Times Festival of Books lineup
- Opinion: Best and worst moments of the Kamala Harris-Mike Pence debate: 'Most bizarre moment was the fly'