Opinion: Democratic Convention: Best and worst moments of night 3
- August 20, 2020
- Hector Tobar, Chicano/Latino studies, The New York Times, Aug. 20, 2020 (Opinion)
Hector Tobar, UCI associate professor of Chicano/Latino studies opined what else mattered:
“This was a night to stir up the base. Exit the sympathetic Republicans, enter Nancy
Pelosi, Elizabeth Warren, Barack Obama and ordinary folk speaking to an array of progressive
and women’s issues.” [Subscription required, campus-wide access provided by UCI Libraries.
Sign-up here: AccessNYT.com]
For the full story, please visit https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/08/20/opinion/democratic-convention-best-worst-night-3.html.
Related News Items
- The 10 best California books of 2020
- Opinion: What the future holds for undocumented immigrants
- Opinion: Biden and Trump's final debate: Who won?
- Here's your virtual L.A. Times Festival of Books lineup
- Opinion: Best and worst moments of the Kamala Harris-Mike Pence debate: 'Most bizarre moment was the fly'